Introduction to Disability Awareness
This course teaches learners about the importance of disability awareness, gives practical insights into how to offer the best level of support to consumers and colleges with a disability and introduces the Equality Act 2010.
The United Kingdom has over 11 million people with a disability or a long term health condition. Understanding how to provide quality support to people with a disability makes strong business sense.
Within this module we explore:
- What we mean by the term disability
- Why disability awareness matters
- What the law says about disability
- What you can do to support a customer or a college with a disability
- The different types of disability
This course has been designed by people who have real life experience of what it is like to live with a disability and will give you some practical advice that you can use in your everyday life.
Learners are able to access a series of useful factsheets and guides within the module to support their learning. We have guides which cover:
- Language and Terminology
- The need for reasonable adjustments
- Access to Work Funding