Explores the importance of equality, why it is important to respect and celebrate individual differences and explains why the Equality Act 2010 came into force.
Our Society is made up of people from different backgrounds with different beliefs, different life experiences and different points of view. This interactive module is designed to help you to understand why it is so important to celebrate and understand individual differences.
Within this module we explore:
- What we mean by the term ‘equality and diversity’
- Why it is important to be aware of and to celebrate individual differences
- What the Equality Act 2010 means for businesses and individuals
This module can be taken by frontline staff and managers alike, completing this module will enable you to ensure a consistent approach to equality and diversity across your business.
Further supporting resources are available within the Academy Plans to further develop what has been learnt, including:
- A template for creating your own equality and diversity policy
- A guide on flexible working
- A mangers guide to equality and diversity
- Access to Work for employers