Welcome to this online learning module covering Manual Handling.
This module includes an assessment, which takes you through 20 questions based on the materials you will cover in the Learning Module lesson. You will need to achieve a score of 80% to pass the course and achieve your certificate.
The aim of this course:
Manual handling incidents are responsible for a significant amount of workplace injuries. The aim of this course is to help avoid these incidents by providing suitable knowledge and training.
Who the course is for:
This awareness course is suitable for employees within an organisation who may be required to perform manual handling activities.
This course explains manual handling in the workplace and how injuries occur. It explores the need to manage risk when completing manual handling tasks and how to assess these risks. In addition you will learn how to safely carry out manual handling when necessary and how to use equipment to reduce or avoid manual handling risks.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the Law and your Responsibilities
- Assess Manual Handling Risks
- Complete Risk Assessments
- Understand the Anatomy and Function of the Spine
- Identify Safe Lifting Techniques
- Identify Safe Pushing and Pulling Techniques
- Identify the Major Handling Injuries at Work